[Prev][Next][Index]

ANSI Standards for formal description techniques

   I do regard them as competitors.  They have the advantage of being in the
   marketplace first (note that VDM preceded Z by quite a few years, too).
   And when standards are issued, it will be a selling point.  But standards
   without experience are less of a selling point than experience without
   standards.  And because the standards process requires getting nearly
   unanimous consensus on each point, it soaks up a huge amount of the
   standardizers' time, without necessarily improving the thing being
   standardized.

   So, at present, we have to sell Larch on technical superiority and higher MPG.

Jim,
	That seems reasonable and I think it's for you (and John) to decide.
I just wanted to be sure that you all were aware of it.

	Gary