[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: LCL type specifications

> An LCL spec type is local to a specification module.  It is useful if
> you don't want clients of the module to have access to it.  Spec types
> need not be implemented.

It seems to me that there is a possibility of misinterpretation in Yang Meng's
statement

        `Spec types need not be implemented.'
                    ^^^^^^^^

(Yang Meng can correct me if I'm wrong :-).  Spec types MUST NOT be
implemented in the sense that they must not be exported by the module.  A
module can only export non spec constants, types, or functions that are
explicitly mentioned in the interface specification (at least as far as I
understand the intended semantics of LCL).

On the other hand, of course, spec types can be implemented and used privately
in any implementation of an interface specification.

Patrice

Follow-Up(s): Reference(s):