[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Does LCL support subtyping?

   Is there any way to express the Modula-3 "<:" concept in LCL?

   Perhaps this is supported in the C++ interface language, but I
   can't seem to conjure up any info on that stuff. (The address
	   http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~leavens/larchc++.html
   seems to be out of date.)

Larch/C++ does directly support subtyping (in part because C++ does).
Indeed, we have semantics for behavioral subtyping and specification
inheritance.

The WWW address you give is correct, but at the moment we're having some
security problems, so it's unavilable by the WWW today.  This should be
fixed shortly (I hope!). You can look at the manual etc by
ftp to ftp.cs.iastate.edu in directory pub/larchc++.
Sorry for the inconvenience...

	Gary

Follow-Up(s): Reference(s):