[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Interface Specifications

Brain,
	I agree it would be possible to define a Larch interface language
to specify the hardware/software interface.  Sounds like a good idea.
I would think the biggest difficulty would be in mapping the specification
text that desccribes the hardware's interface to the physical hardware
interface.  In a language like Larch/C++, one has an interface, such as
	int sqrt(int x)
which is a piece of C++ text, and an implementation has the same interface
text, so the matching is fairly simple and intuitive.  But perhaps you can
add pre- and postconditions to some standard hardware description language?
	Gary
	229 Atanasoff Hall, Department of Computer Science
	Iowa State Univ., Ames, Iowa 50011-1040 USA / leavens@cs.iastate.edu
	phone: (515)294-1580 fax: (515)294-0258 ftp site: ftp.cs.iastate.edu

Reference(s):