[Prev][Next][Index]

FWD: CFP for Formal Methods Europe

------- Forwarded Message

From: John Rushby <rushby@csl.sri.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 95 19:02:09 -0700
To: distribution:; (see end of body)
Subject: CFP for Formal Methods Europe

Dear colleagues,

I'd like to draw your attention to the call for papers for Formal Methods
Europe (FME) '96, available at http://www.csl.sri.com/FME-96.html
The closing date for submissions is September 11--an ideal amount of time.

The conference will be held in Oxford, England in March 1996.
Proceedings for previous FME's are available as LNCS 670 and 873.

These meetings grew out of the VDM Conference and have tended to focus
on the unmechanized Z and VDM style of formal methods.  This year,
however, Marie-Claude Gaudel is PC chair, with a mandate from the
organizers to make it more inclusive, and she invited me to join the
PC with the idea of encouraging North American participation, and more
consideration of mechanized methods.

So, this message is to invite you to consider submitting a paper.
>From my own experience (we presented a paper and tutorial at FME '93
in Denmark) the benefit of doing so is that you will reach a very
receptive audience: Europe is full of people with the interest and
skill to apply formal methods, but without much exposure to the power
of modern mechanizations.  We gained an active and growing group of
PVS users in Northern Europe as a direct result of our participation.

Please pass this message on to others who may be interested--I'm
sending it only to people whose email addresses I have to hand, and
mostly to only one representative at each institution.

John Rushby                  Email: Rushby@csl.sri.com
Computer Science Laboratory  Tel: (415) 859-5456 [hit #0 to escape voice-mail]
SRI International            Fax: (415) 859-2844
333 Ravenswood Avenue        WWW: http://www.csl.sri.com/rushby/rushby.html
Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA    ftp: ftp.csl.sri.com/pub/{reports|pvs}

%%% overflow headers %%%
To: Dan@ora.on.ca, jonathan@otter.cs.yorku.ca, parnas@triose.crl.McMaster.CA,
        paul.k.joannou@hydro.on.ca, jmatlee@watdragon.uwaterloo.ca,
        tah@cs.cornell.edu, damir@oracorp.com, kapur@albanycs.albany.edu,